Friday, September 4, 2009

The Pie Lover (and inaugural post!)

September 4, 2009

I love pie. Good pie. Great pie. I even love my own pies, except one I made last year. It needed something, probably more shortening in the crust-ola.

Today I drove 5 miles (RT) from my house to eat a piece of pie at Bipartisan Cafe, because I didn't feel like making a pie and besides their pie is wonderful. We (my husband and I) recently discovered this cafe thanks to their ad in the Southeast Examiner. (Never underestimate the power of newspaper advertising.) Today I had a piece of the Rhubarb/Strawberry. Yum. Last time I had the Marionberry/triple berry something or other, with berries that I've promptly forgotten exactly what they were. But today I didn't get asked if I wanted whip cream, which was fine because the pie was perfect without it. I ate every crumb, and if I'd been by myself I might have even licked the plate. The tri-berry pie had a blob of delish whipped cream on the side, and the combo was, again, perfect. I don't run into too many places that actually HAVE pie that isn't factory made or tastes like it; this Bipartisan Cafe most certainly has handmade pies, and they not only taste like it, they look like it, too. Which is good, I think.

This is a fun cafe; it's on the corner of SE 79th & Stark in the Montavilla neighbrhd. They really are bipartisan! Posters of Democrats and Republicans on the wall! and lots of other stuff politicos would enjoy looking at and reading. I love that.

I like to read stuff on walls. I like bulletin boards, and read them even when I'm not looking for any kind of product or service or a lost puppy or cat or parrot.

Which reminds me; I've been thinking about getting another parrot. But that's for another blog, on another day.

Thanks for reading this far, and welcome to my Brand New Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment